Here at The Pier Geelong we have been tracking wedding theming trends for the 2019 – 2020 seasons to keep our finger on the pulse for our engaged couples. A popular contender at the moment is the Coastal Theme for wedding decor.
In the past this theme has been quiet literal in its style, with blue mason jars, anchors and clam shells. Coastal theme in 2019 – 2020 is softer in tones, and moves more towards natural fiber textures and unusual items such as mussel shells, cut coconuts and layering of fabrics on reception tables. A fun take on a photo booth is shown above, with nautical props for a bit more of an obvious homage to the sea.
The coastal theme has an almost ‘Hamptons’ feel to it, so things like natural sea grasses in button holes and flowers work well.
Here are a few other suggestions to bring a Coastal feel to your wedding day decor:
- Ask you florist to use foliage that are of a grassy texture, olive in tones and crisp whites.
- Hire in linen for reception tables that uses layered textures and runners with pale blues and creams.
- Create a kitch photobooth with sailor hats and other nautical theming to add some playfulness to the theme.
- Create a signature cocktail for the night that has a coastal feel.
- Macrame backdrops with hanging sea glass and shells is beautiful for both indoor and outdoor ceremonies.
- Terrariums with airplants and unique shells and sand can be given away at the end of the night to special guests to take home.
- Chill out zones in the reception area with cane furniture and cushions add to that easy going coastal style.
Looking at adding a Coastal feel to your wedding day?
Book the Lillias Room that offers the Terrace with retracting glass windows that open right up to the ocean.