The reason many families choose to incorporate children into their weddings is not just for the ultra cute factor, but may also be to blend a family or place the focus on the family unit. By committing to not only your partner but also the children, you are making them feel involved and loved.
Here are some ways you and your partner can include children:
- Ask children to join in on your first dance
- Have a mother/son dance or a dance between child and another significant other
- Give a daughter or son the role in the wedding party
- The child could walk down the aisle with their parent
- Give your child another role in the ceremony such as reading a poem, playing an instrument or singing a song
- Allow your child to serve as an usher, helping to seat guests and pass our programs
- Ask children to blow bubbles, throw petals, rice or confetti at the end of the ceremony
- Children announce the bridal party when they enter the reception
- Unique entrance: have pre-schooled children take a small ride on toy down the aisle that’s decorated for the wedding, have them dance down the aisle. For babies they can be wheeled down the aisle in a wagon
Other unique ways to include children in the wedding:
- Have your child assist in the planning process, take them to the cake tasting and make them feel a part of the wedding
- Exchange gifts/vows prior to the ceremony
- Let them help pick out the ring
- Get crafty and create some crafts for the wedding together
- Have a special list of songs for the kids that will play at the wedding reception
- Decorating the children’s seat with a sign or flowers
- Create a Kid’s Zone complete with soft furnishings, games, ipads and colouring in.
The Pier Geelong offers a Kid’s Pack that can include TV’s with movies and helium balloons! Ask our Events Specialists about booking yours today.